Bringing the power of story to your audience
Change is on the other side of an incredible story. I believe it, I've seen it, and I love sharing it. As a performer, creator, and storyteller, I give talks that do two things 1) inspire the audience and 2) leave them actionable insights that change the audience's work and their perspectives going forward.
I've shared my perspective and expertise in a variety of spaces and audiences including videos online, women's empowerment groups, bootcamps for start ups, and corporate workshops with companies like Johnson & Johnson. My keynotes and speaking engagements combine entertainment and audience participation with actionable, unconventional insights on the intersection between the human condition, social change, creativity, diversity, and storytelling. You'll laugh while you learn (and I wouldn't have it any other way).
Your audience will not only learn key aspects of storytelling and communication, but how their unique, personal experiences and how they see the world are the best sources of inspiration for change and authentic connection. Each of my talks and workshops can be tailored to your unique goals, from 1 hour presentations to half day seminars, and always include storytelling and activities for the audience to learn from and participate in.
The Flavor of Inclusivity: Diversity 2.0
Diversity matters. Businesses need diversity to survive and thrive and to improve their innovation and their creativity. Humans (heck, the world) needs to appreciate and cultivate diversity to achieve a harmonious and prosperous planet.
You care about diversity - in your your work, your community, and beyond, but get stuck on what diversity really means and how to foster it. In this talk you’ll learn:
The barriers to diversity and how shifting and sharing values and beliefs are the core ways to remove them
How storytelling is the key to building a thriving culture that not only thinks about diversity but celebrates and develops it
How to discover your best stories to communicate your values, in turn increasing inclusivity and reducing bias
stop asking for permission: how to gain unwavering confidence in sharing your story + moving the world
Creating feels scary. Sharing your work publicly can feel risky and dangerous. Our inner narrative becomes a murky concoction of judgement, self doubt, and criticism as soon as we want to put ourselves out there and share our work. In this talk you'll learn:
How to shift your own inner narratives to have unquestioning confidence when pitching yourself and your work to potential clients, funders, partners and more
- How to persuade with your messages in an authentic and impactful way
- How to craft messages + stories that will resonate with your audience that you will be delighted and excited to tell, and that your tribe will pay attention to
How to Build Real Connection by Telling Stories with Soul
We live in a world of information overload -- yet more than ever people are craving bold, purposeful ideas and solutions to their problems in the sea of constant distraction. How do you get your community/consumer/audience to pay attention and buy into your big ideas? In this talk, we'll discuss how to create stories with emotional depth and value to capture attention and move people to action.
What the soul of your idea is and why it's critical for building connection with your audience
What personal experiences best communicate your idea and what tactics to use to create powerful stories around them
The one key thing you must do to gain attention and engagement with your audience
GO WRITE YOUR LIFE STORY BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES
People who are outsiders -- the marginalized and discriminated against, are living in the best time in human history to own and share their story, even in the face of resistance from society and the media. In this talk you'll learn:
- The problem with a majority of stories being created from a small, homogeneous group of people
- How every day people can own the power and wisdom of their personal experiences, in turn changing the narrative and creating unsuspecting opportunities for themselves
- The one key thing you should do to make a dynamic story about your life experiences and beliefs that will resonate with others, no matter your ability, expertise, or location
Past speaking engagements include:
- We Are Her Women's Empowerment Event - New York, NY - sharing the power of storytelling for action, and personal and social change to in our current political climate to 80 professional and entrepreneurial women who wanted to make an impact with their voices and perspectives
- Brand Entrepreneurs Business Boot Camp - New York, NY - covered the power of storytelling and marketing tactics with 100 founders + start ups
- Social Entrepreneurship Conference in Brooklyn, NY - keynote and workshop sessions inspiring 150 students on the possibilities of socially impactful work, and the power of new media to make social change
- Johnson&Johnson Women in Leadership Workshop (NJ)- keynote on how to evoke social change through for-profit work with women across various departments and roles at Johnson & Johnson headquarters
- National Huffpost Live Panel Discussion on Voting (Nationwide, online) - debating whether young people are apathetic to politics (hint, they are not!), as well as discussing the most effective ways to communicate with young people to motivate them to participate in politics